Lync presence statuses provides an opportunity to say someones “what are you doing at the moment?” or something like this. Available,Busy,Away and Do Not Disturb are in the “box” version Lync Client. Using Lync Server Management Shell (LSMS) you can add an exclusive status – Appear Offline. It’s a great! I’m serious. I prefer “Appear Offline” than “Do not Disturb”.
1. Open Lync Server Management Shell and type
This cmdlet shows you all client policies in your lync environment.
2. Note “EnableAppearOffline“. By default, it’s disabled
3. To enable invisible status we have to add new or set up existing client policy. I recommend to create a new policy and test user for testing before you apply this policy to real users. For example , let’s create the new policy “OfflineOn”
New-CsClientPolicy -Identity Tag:OfflineOn -EnableAppearOffline $True -Description ” “
4. Grant created policy to user
Get-CsUser -Identity name | Grant-CsClientPolicy -PolicyName OfflineOn
5. Checking the result previous cmdlet. As you can see , user “rlevchenko” has a newly created client policy ‘OfflineOn’
Get-CsUser -Identity name
6. Restart your Lync client and enjoy!