If you are responsible for virtualized workloads using Hyper-V, ensuring the highest possible availability and minimising downtime should be one of your biggest priorities. Experiencing a loss in a business-critical application or service can result in an interruption in services affecting the ability to carry out work and affect your reputation as a reliable service provider.
Altaro VM Backup is a fast, reliable, and easy to use backup solution for virtualized workloads and features disaster recovery (DR) and replication which can drastically reduce downtime when the unexpected occurs. Altaro prides itself on its industry-leading support, however, knowing the basics of DR and replication can be hugely valuable in getting the most out of the software.
This whitepaper explains how to secure critical business operations and ensure availability of critical VMs in your infrastructure using Altaro and Public Cloud technologies. It covers everything you need to get started including:
- Defining RPOs and RTOs
- How to set up replication and conduct the initial replication
- How to monitor replication jobs
- How to failover to a DR site
Download the White Paper
- Altaro has just released a new version of their virtual machine (VM) backup solution for Hyper-V and VMware environments that now includes WAN-Optimized Replication: Altaro VM Backup v8. WAN-Optimized Replication permits a business to make an ongoing copy of its virtual machines (VMs) to a remote site and to switch to that copy with immediacy should anything go wrong with the live VMs, such as damage due to hurricanes, fires and flooding. Downtime is therefore reduced to no time at all. Some more info here and here.
- They have now also launched Altaro Office 365 Backup for MSPS! As Microsoft does not back up Office 365 subscriber data, Altaro’s new offering enables MSPs to provide their customers with robust, reliable mailbox backup and recovery services. Altaro Office 365 Backup for MSPs backs up mail items and their attachments, with backups taking place automatically several times per day to Altaro’s secure Microsoft Azure backup location. MSPs can manage and monitor the mailboxes they are handling per customer through a centralized, multi-tenant online management console. More info here and here.
Launch of Altaro Dojo Forums