Azure Stack is a hybrid cloud platform that lets you deliver Azure services from your organization’s datacenter. Microsoft Azure Stack Technical Preview 3 is being made available as a Proof of Concept (POC). The POC is an ideal environment for learning and demonstrating Azure Stack features.
Microsoft is also announced that Azure Stack will be available via Enterprise Agreement (EA) and Cloud Solution Provider Program (CSP)
In addition to bug fixes and other improvements, here’s the list of new features:
- Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) support provides identity options for scenarios where network connectivity is limited or intermittent.
- You can use Azure Virtual Machine Scale Sets to provide managed scale out of workloads.
- Use Azure D-Series VM sizes for increased performance and consistency.
- Deploy and create templates with Temp Disks that are consistent with Azure.
- Marketplace Syndication allows you to use content from the Azure Marketplace and make available in Azure Stack.
- Isolated administrator and user portals and APIs provide enhanced security.
Use enhanced infrastructure management functionality, such as improved alerting.
- Using the Windows Azure Pack connector, you can view and manage IaaS virtual machines that are hosted on a Cloud Platform System (CPS) stamp. For this preview release, you can try this only with a CPS environment and additional configuration is required.