List of all newly released updates/KBs for SC 2012 R2 products
Some new VMM features and issues have been added/resolved :
- New: Enable Dynamic VLAN on the vNIC of a virtual machine.
New-SCLogicalNetwork -Name ‘Test Logical Network’ -LogicalNetworkDefinitionIsolation -AllowDynamicVlanOnVnic $true
By default, the –AllowDynamicVlanOnVnic parameter is set to False.
This feature can be leveraged only with CISCO ACI in order to support micro segmentation.
- Performance issues are seen during VM Live Migration in a Hyper-V Network Virtualization (HNV) environment
- When you add a stand-alone host to a cluster, VMM also adds the storage of the host to the cluster.
There is no option available in VMM to exclude local storage while adding the node.
Therefore, latency issues may occur in VMs, and they may fail to start.
- In an HNV environment, many duplicate Networking HNV policies are published, and this may cause high CPU usage during host refresh.
- When you try to add a storage array to VMM when the value of the MaximumReplicasPerSourceClone property is greater than 32767 (for example, HPE 3PAR StoreServ 20000 Storage Array), you receive the following exception: System.OverflowException: Failed to convert parameter value from a UInt16 to a Int16.
- When you add a new node to an HAVMM cluster and install Update Rollup 8 or later versions on the new node, you may receive the following exception:
time:InnerException.Type: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException, InnerException.Message: Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint ‘PK_tbl_WLC_ServiceTemplate’. Cannot insert duplicate key in object ‘dbo.tbl_WLC_ServiceTemplate’. The duplicate key value is (5fddb85c-4ae5-4c8b-be83-9b2961a316dd). To fix it follow steps in the KB
- The reinstallation of VMM Update Rollup 8 or a later update fails, and you receive the following error:
time:InnerException.Type: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException, InnerException.Message: Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint ‘PK_tbl_WLC_ServiceTemplate’. Cannot insert duplicate key in object ‘dbo.tbl_WLC_ServiceTemplate’. The duplicate key value is (5fddb85c-4ae5-4c8b-be83-9b2961a316dd). To fix it, follow steps in the KB
Use the following links to get more information about fixed issues and new functionality brought by UR9:
|Data Protection Manager||https://support.microsoft.com/kb/3112306|
|Service Provider Foundation||https://support.microsoft.com/kb/3133705|
|Virtual Machine Manager||https://support.microsoft.com/kb/3129784|
|WAP Web Sites||https://support.microsoft.com/kb/3129789|