As we discussed a few days ago, Altaro VM Backup has been updated to version 7 with the support of new Windows Server 2016 and exclusive technologies like Augmented Deduplication and etc. I’d like to remind all of you that it’s FOREVER FREE for up to 2 VMs (VMware/Hyper-V or even mixed) per host and you can download it , start VMs protection effortlessly and without any costs.
If you are interested in using Altaro VM Backup or want just to get know “what’s new in the new version” attend the upcoming webinars which are available for different time zones and days. Choose the most appropriate time and master it together with Altaro Experts.
Webinar: What’s New in Altaro VM Backup v7
Option 1: Thursday, January 26, 2017 | 10am PST / 1pm EST
Option 2: Thursday, February 02, 2017 | 11am EST / 5pm CET
Altaro has released new version of their main product – Altaro VM Backup. Now you can protect the latest Windows Server environment by using the most advanced technologies like Augmented Inline Deduplication, Boot VM from Backup and place your backup copies to offsite location through the completely redeveloped Offsite Server.
Augmented Inline Deduplication
Altaro VM Backup with Augmented Inline deduplication improves backup and restore speed. It’s the best deduplication in the industry, creating the smallest backup size. Augmented Inline deduplication runs across all backup jobs, no need to group VMs together (no use of post processing).
- Much lower storage requirements. Creates the smallest backup size compared to other backup vendors
- Faster backups (less data to transfer)
- Efficiency increases as more VM backups are added. Huge savings on storage!
Boot VM from Backup
Instantly boot any VM version from the backup location without affecting backup integrity. The VM may optionally be restored in the background while booted without losing any changes.
- When a VM goes down, boot a Virtual Machine directly from your Backup Location in seconds, allowing users to continue to access it right away
- In the background the VM Backup is restored back to the Hypervisor as well as any new changes made to the booted VM
- Once all changes are recovered, simply switch over to the recovered VM. This minimizes Downtime to a simple VM reboot at the end of the Recovery process, instead of having to wait for the entire VM to restore.
A brand new look for the Altaro Offsite Server
A completely redeveloped Backup Server, with a brand-new look, is the best tool around to manage your offsite backups. The Altaro Offsite Server is used to replicate VM backups to an offsite location. The Altaro Offsite Server can be connected to the machine running an instance of Altaro VM Backup both via LAN or WAN connection.
VM Backup leverages CPU multithreading and arithmetic abilities to boost up the backup speed and to achieve lower CPU requirements.
New cloud tool (Cloud Management Console) to manage and monitor entire Altaro VM Backup environment will be available in the next VM Backup release. CMC gives a different dashboards to quickly get backup state , offsite copies, system health information. CMC will be also shipped with the abilities to push upgrades, configurations and licenses to the distributed VM backup instances.
Upgrade it or start free trial right now
Altaro VM Backup is available for free trial (30 day unlimited edition and completely free for up to 2 VMs per host)