My DPM server name is DPMSRV , x64
My target server which I want to protect is TERMSRV
1. On target server open cmd.exe with administrator permissions
2. Type net use Z: \\DPMSRV\c$
3. Change directory to Z:\Program Files\Microsoft DPM\DPM\Agents\RA\4.0.1908.0\amd64 and execute DPMAgentInstaller_amd64.exe
4. Great! You installed main files of DPM agent on target server. Now we have to say to agent what DPM server we want to use. For this, turn back to your system drive and change directory where installed DPM agent ( for me, cd c:\Program Files\Microsoft Data Protection Manager\DPM\bin\ ). Then run SetDpmServer.exe -dpmservername dpmsrv -isNonDomainServer -userName dpmsrv1 for adding firewall exceptions and user account to communicate with your DPM server.
-userName creates an NT user account with the specified username for this server to communicate with DPM server. You don’t have to create one manually!!
5. Update installed agent to the latest version
6. Open your DPM Management Console and attach DPM agent. During wizard steps use account and password from step 4
7. Now you are ready to create protection group using an attached agent
12 thoughts on “Deploying DPM Agent 2012 to Untrusted or Workgroup Computers”
My problem is installing the DPM 2012 R2 agent on Windows Server 2016. Error: Failed! SetDpmServer failed with errorcode = 0x8007041d, error says: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion
Server 2016 is currently unsupported by DPM 2012 R2
I installed the 2016 dpm agent and it installed, but it was not possible to communicate with the agent because it needs the 2016 version of DPM. Thank you.
yeah..you need to update agents and your DPM server in order to have a supported solution.
Thanks a million