- Altaro has just released a new version of their virtual machine (VM) backup solution for Hyper-V and VMware environments that now includes WAN-Optimized Replication: Altaro VM Backup v8. WAN-Optimized Replication permits a business to make an ongoing copy of its virtual machines (VMs) to a remote site and to switch to that copy with immediacy should anything go wrong with the live VMs, such as damage due to hurricanes, fires and flooding. Downtime is therefore reduced to no time at all. Some more info here and here.
- They have now also launched Altaro Office 365 Backup for MSPS! As Microsoft does not back up Office 365 subscriber data, Altaro’s new offering enables MSPs to provide their customers with robust, reliable mailbox backup and recovery services. Altaro Office 365 Backup for MSPs backs up mail items and their attachments, with backups taking place automatically several times per day to Altaro’s secure Microsoft Azure backup location. MSPs can manage and monitor the mailboxes they are handling per customer through a centralized, multi-tenant online management console. More info here and here.
Launch of Altaro Dojo Forums
Altaro has released new version of their main product – Altaro VM Backup. Now you can protect the latest Windows Server environment by using the most advanced technologies like Augmented Inline Deduplication, Boot VM from Backup and place your backup copies to offsite location through the completely redeveloped Offsite Server.
Augmented Inline Deduplication
Altaro VM Backup with Augmented Inline deduplication improves backup and restore speed. It’s the best deduplication in the industry, creating the smallest backup size. Augmented Inline deduplication runs across all backup jobs, no need to group VMs together (no use of post processing).
- Much lower storage requirements. Creates the smallest backup size compared to other backup vendors
- Faster backups (less data to transfer)
- Efficiency increases as more VM backups are added. Huge savings on storage!
Boot VM from Backup
Instantly boot any VM version from the backup location without affecting backup integrity. The VM may optionally be restored in the background while booted without losing any changes.
- When a VM goes down, boot a Virtual Machine directly from your Backup Location in seconds, allowing users to continue to access it right away
- In the background the VM Backup is restored back to the Hypervisor as well as any new changes made to the booted VM
- Once all changes are recovered, simply switch over to the recovered VM. This minimizes Downtime to a simple VM reboot at the end of the Recovery process, instead of having to wait for the entire VM to restore.
A brand new look for the Altaro Offsite Server
A completely redeveloped Backup Server, with a brand-new look, is the best tool around to manage your offsite backups. The Altaro Offsite Server is used to replicate VM backups to an offsite location. The Altaro Offsite Server can be connected to the machine running an instance of Altaro VM Backup both via LAN or WAN connection.
VM Backup leverages CPU multithreading and arithmetic abilities to boost up the backup speed and to achieve lower CPU requirements.
New cloud tool (Cloud Management Console) to manage and monitor entire Altaro VM Backup environment will be available in the next VM Backup release. CMC gives a different dashboards to quickly get backup state , offsite copies, system health information. CMC will be also shipped with the abilities to push upgrades, configurations and licenses to the distributed VM backup instances.
Upgrade it or start free trial right now
Altaro VM Backup is available for free trial (30 day unlimited edition and completely free for up to 2 VMs per host)